Mission Statement: Teaching, encouraging, & inspiring others to worship God through the use of the movement arts.
Vision: A united body of worshipers sharing our passion for our Savior, Jesus Christ with others.
o True, heartfelt worshiping of God
o Serving the Lord through the movement arts
o Removing personal hindrances to full expressive worship
o Instilling confidence to dance before the Lord
o Dancing and praising by Biblical principals
o Praying for God’s will
o Creating loving relationships within our team
o Living and acting by faith in God’s Word
o Modeling our lives after Jesus Christ
o AGES: Four years old through adult.
o Be prompt to rehearsals and events and sign in on the attendance log.
o Movements must be worshipful and appropriate, must not draw attention to ourselves, and must bring glory to God.
o Dress modestly for all dances to not draw attention away from God. (Legs, stomachs, chest, etc. must be completely covered with looser fitting garments). No tanks or shorts allowed.
o Respect others and strive for unity amongst team members.
o Seek to make new friends within the ministry, especially those who are new to the team.
o Respect worship garments and instruments and use appropriately. Maintain quality. Return promptly any items that are used. Report any damages to leadership.
o Seek approval from Leadership prior to scheduling or dancing in any church service/event or in representing Freedom To Dance in an external function.
o Complete the required forms and keep Freedom To Dance informed about changes to contact information or medical conditions.
o Notify leaders when extended scheduling conflicts arise or if the dancer decides to leave the ministry.
o Encourage dancers to share what they have learned during ministry nights.
o A parent must attend with dancers who are five years old or under. They are encouraged to dance alongside their smaller dancer to help him/her learn the movements.
o Volunteer opportunities exist, so please communicate any desire to serve with the leaders.
The Leadership Team will commit to all of the above and will:
o Teach according to Biblical principals of worship dance.
o Be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit and not bring glory to ourselves.
o Only allow worshipful songs to be danced.
o Be available for you in any way.
o Keep communication lines open.
o Pray for you.
Dancer Guidelines & Policies
- Ages Preschool through adult.
- Be prompt to rehearsals and events & sign in.
- Movements must be worshipful and appropriate. We must not draw attention to ourselves and must bring glory to God.
- Dress modestly for all dances and not draw attention to ourselves and away from God. Thighs, stomachs, & chest must be completely covered.
- Respect others and strive for unity among team members.
- Seek to make new friends within the ministry.
- Respect worship garments and instruments and use appropriately.
- Seek approval from Dance Leadership prior to scheduling or dancing in any event when representing our ministry.
- Complete required forms.
- A parent must accompany all dancers 5 yrs old or younger.
Volunteer opportunities exist. Please communicate your desire to serve to leadership.
RULES & POLICIES
1. Each year, dancers will be required to complete new DANCER COVENANT & EMERGENCY FORMS.
2. The classes are free; however, dancers may wish to purchase t-shirts. If cost is an issue, scholarships are available.
3. Dancers will be required to sign in each week and use a name tag.
4. Practice ATTIRE: Dancers should dress comfortable & modest to practice. No short shorts. No camis. You may dance barefoot or wear dance or tennis shoes.
5. EATING is not allowed in the dance area.
6. EVENT ATTIRE: Dancers should have a plain black shirt and black pants. Modesty is important.
7. NO DANCE EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY
8. Bathroom and water BREAKS: Please use the bathroom before practice as our practices are short. Also, please bring a water bottle. We will try to include a water/bathroom break midway through the hour for the Joy dancers.
9. Each dancer should treat others in a way that she/he wants to be treated
10. Dancers must clean up after themselves.
11. Discipline Flow: #1) Talked to about behavior #2) Asked to sit out for a 10 min period of reflection #3) Parent will be informed #4) Parent will be asked to attend #5) Dancer will be asked to leave.
Worship Garments, Streamers, Tambourines, Teaching DVDs